Tuesday 6 January 2015

Ersatz Climate Talks

I was very desirous to attend the UNCCC COP 20 Lima (Peru) glabal meet on environment but some how couldn't. A few of my friends from accross the world who managed to participate in the said have shared their views about the same. I just finished the last report of the ones shared with me and I am glad that I didn't attend the same. In nutshell if I have to summarize all the reports I can say 'it was ersatz'.

The level of commitment can be judged from a fact that this conference itself produced more Co2 than what the whole country of Fiji produced during the same time.

Till the mindset does not change 'from what we get, to what we give' nothing much will happen on ground.

I seriously hope against all odds that Shri. Narendra Modi instead of plagiarizing the street brooming photo op. of a former Singapore premier, must take the Swach Bharat abhiyan to it's real end. Yes, garbage on roads / public places etc. are of great concern but cleanliness of our soil, air and water from contamination are a bigger concern. 

I do not know how a government which is in power primarily due to the financial support from large industrial houses can curtail the same from flaunting the environment but being a compulsive optimist I still hope, as mentioned earlier 'against all odds' Bharat needs to get Swach of industrial garbage. Environmental contamination from this garbage is far more dangerous than what your imagination can lead you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.